503 West Pine Street
Philip, SD 57567
About Hans P. Peterson Memorial Hospital
Hans P. Peterson Memorial Hospital is an 18-bed critical access hospital, providing emergency care 24 hours a day. The Hans P. Peterson Memorial Hospital was established in 1953 with the help of Philip, South Dakota rancher and philanthropist, Hans P. Peterson. Peterson deeded his ranch so that a hospital could be built to serve our rural area, and members of the community joined together to raise funds to complete it.